If you are a member of MAG or interested in becoming a member of MAG prior to the competition, then get ready for our annual members-only competition.
2013 MAG Annual Art Competition
for Members Only
Show Dates: May 4, 2013 through Saturday, June 1, 2013
Place: McDowell Arts Center
Take-In: Saturday, May 4, 2013, 10 AM - Noon
Entry fee: $25 for up to 2 works
Prizes: Mayor's Choice Ribbon and cash awards: $300 (First Place), $200 (Second Place) and $100 (Third Place) along with Honorable Mention Ribbons with $25 Gift Certificates from Binders and Cheap Joe's
Eligibility: MAG Members only. See Rules of Integrity.
Show Chair: Debbie Yacenda (704) 321.1523 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Judge: Brian Neher for all awards except Mayor's Choice chosen by Mayor Jim Taylor of Matthews
Reception: Saturday, May 11, 3-5 PM. Winners announced at 4 PM.
Take Down: Saturday, June 1, 2013, 10 AM to Noon
Rules of Integrity
In order to maintain integrity of our judged shows, please adhere to the following:
- There shall be a non-refundable entry fee for all judged shows, which shall be announced prior to each show and which shall be established by the Board of Directors.
- Members of the MAG (Matthews Artists Guild) are eligible to enter up to two works of any stated media (Oil, Watercolor, Acrylic, Pastel, Photography, Glass, Sculpture and Pottery). The artist is responsible for proper platforms involving 3-dimensional works and set up.
- Artwork must be original (subject matter must be your own and not a copy of any other work or picture), not over 2 years old and not previously shown in a Matthews Artists Guild show. Artwork done within the framework of a class or workshop will not be accepted. Rework of paintings previously submitted may not be entered. All artwork submitted may be questioned by show chairperson as to source and content.
- Member Shows are open only to members whose dues have been paid prior to the show.
- There shall be no computer-generated artwork.
- All work to be hung must be properly framed and securely wired. No clip mounting or saw-tooth hangers will be accepted. Damaged frames or artwork will not be accepted.
- Once art is hung, it must remain until the close of show.
- No participant is to be allowed with the Judge during his/her selection of artwork and awards.
- In the event of anticipated bad weather for a judged show, please contact the show chairperson to check for possible show cancellation.
Board of Directors - Matthews Artists Guild